- This event has passed.
Fostering Futures: A Forum on the CalYOUTH Study Findings
May 10, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
By Invitation Only
California Youth Transitions to Adulthood Study (CalYOUTH) featuring presentations by Dr. Mark Courtney and his colleagues from Chapin Hall at the University of Chicago.
These survey results include perceptions of foster youth and caseworkers on the adequacy and quality of services for young adults in extended foster care. The study provides invaluable data on education, employment, housing, financial stability, personal well-being and relationships.
Panelists to include:
- Child welfare agency leaders from Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, & San Diego Counties
- THP+ Providers and foster youth advocates
- Current and former foster youth
Panels will cover a variety of topics including:
- Youth’s Connections to Positive Social Institutions
- Homelessness, Housing, and Housing Supports
- Youth’s Health and Well-Being
- Relationships and Parenting
Live-streaming of the event will be available online.
County representatives may bring up to two staff from their team. (Please email email@example.com if you’d like to bring additional staff.)