The Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice (CJCJ) is seeking applicants for a full-time (40 hours/week) Communications and Policy Analyst position. Applicants should have an interest and commitment to criminal justice reform and possess excellent writing skills. CJCJ’s mission is to reduce society’s reliance on incarceration as a solution to social problems. In pursuing this mission CJCJ provides model programs, technical assistance, advocacy, and policy analysis to a broad range of criminal justice clients and stakeholder groups. For more information, visit our website at www.cjcj.org.
The duties of the Communications and Policy Analyst may include:
- Developing agency communication and policy strategies that promote the agency’s mission
- Developing and implement media outreach strategies including, but not limited to maintaining press relations and the agency listserv
- Developing internet communications capacities and strategies, including website content, blogs, social media and broadcasts
- Assist with the development and implementation of public education efforts, including presentations
- Assist in the production and editorial support of publications and op-eds
- Developing and disseminating monthly newsletters highlighting the agency’s programs, successes and goals
- Communicating with organization’s program directors to access information, stories and data for development of promotional materials
- Researching and creating an organization communications strategy with the Director of Policy and Development
- Possibility of supervising unpaid interns on projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Background in creative writing, journalism, English literature, social work, criminal justice, public policy, political science, psychology, sociology, law, or related field.
- Detail-oriented with excellent writing, communications, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Passion for social justice work.
- Ability to work under pressure; good sense of humor.
Compensation: We offer a generous benefits package, a casual work environment, and a great team of committed professionals. This position reports directly to the Director of Policy and Development.
To Apply: Please email letter of interest, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Communications and Policy Analyst” in the subject line.
WOMEN, PERSONS OF COLOR, INDIVIDUALS WITH PAST INVOLVEMENT IN THE JUSTICE SYSTEM, AND DIFFERENTLY ABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.