The North American Council on Adoptable Children has partnered with the State Policy Advocacy and Reform Center (SPARC) to produce a state-by-state look at key adoption trends and data.
The sheets were created mostly from 2011 figures in the federal Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System (AFCARS).
Each profile includes the following:
- The average length of time that children waited in foster care to be adopted
- Age breakdowns of children waiting to be adopted
- The racial breakdown of children waiting to be adopted, and children who have been adopted
- Outcome statistics for all children in foster care (adoption, reunification, etc.)
- Total number of youth who aged out of foster care without a legal family
- Breakdown of relationship between adopter and adoptee prior to finalization
- How the Fostering Connections to Success and Increasing Adoptions Act has impacted the state
Click here to access the fact sheets