California Youth Connection, one of the nation’s premier non-profits dedicated to foster youth advocacy, is looking for a new Executive Director.
Interim Executive Director Robin Allen, in coordination with the board, staff and youth members, is seeking a qualified candidate.
“The Board of Directors of California Youth Connection seeks a dynamic, strategic leader and communicator with a demonstrated commitment to working with foster youth on a statewide level,” reads the CYC job announcement. “The CYC Executive Director will advance the mission of developing leaders who empower each other and their communities to transform the foster care system through legislative and policy change.”
Since its inception in 1988, CYC has been at the forefront in developing foster youth leadership, advocacy skills and foster youth policy advancement.
As outlined in the 2015-2020 strategic plan, the ED will focus his/her effort in these key areas:
- Impact policy and practice change at the county level
- Sustain engagement on policy and systemic issues at the statewide level
- Build youth leadership
- Create a financially robust organization with wide resource reliance
Primary responsibilities as Executive Director include:
- Providing leadership, management and support to the CYC staff
- Hiring, motivating and evaluating staff
- Engaging in active fundraising to generate funding that meets or exceeds each year’s budget amounts
- Send your resume and cover letter describing your qualifications, interest and salary requirements to CYCsearch@yeagerandcarlson.com
Application deadline is February 12, 2016 with first round of interviews occurring in Oakland on February 29th and March 1st. Full job description can be found HERE.